Sunday, January 21, 2007

Girls' Weekend in Savannah

My friend Liz and I went to Savannah for a girls' weekend. Our first stop was at the Mansion. This restored Victorian mansion is so awesome that I made Liz model for me! :)





...and a shot of me. Then the camera broke! :)


Saturday morning we got up bright and early to go wait in line to get a seating time for The Lady & Sons. Not that I don't think Paula is fabulous -but because I am from south Georgia (and grew up on southern cooking), I wasn't that excited about going to the restaurant to eat. But I have to tell you - I was impressed. The food was delicious, and I would give anything to have one of their delicious cheese and garlic biscuits right now!

This is Liz ringing the dinner bell - Come and get it!


My mama and her friend Mona were also having a girls' weekend with a group staying on Tybee for the Savannah Breeze weekend. If you are a fan of Mary Kay Andrews' books, you should check it out! All of the ladies who went were walking around town in hot pink boas. Needless to say, it was not hard to spot my mama when she came walking in Lady & Sons to say hi!



Liz and I were so surprised to win the Ms. Savannah Breeze contest - it was a tie! Well...not really. We didn't actually enter, and we didn't actually win. But we did stand in front of the sign! :) ha


And the winner was....not my mama either. But she did look cute in front of the sign, don't you think?


Savannah was loads of fun. We had a delicious dinner at Sapphire Grill Saturday night. And of course Sunday morning we had to go to Huey's for some delicious beignets.




On the way back to Charleston we stopped by the Old Sheldon Church Ruins.



In 1779, when the British General Augustine Prevost invaded the Lowcountry, the church was burned by a detachment which according to tradition, was commanded by the flamboyant local Tory, Andrew Deveaux. Rebuilt in 1826, the church was again burned by Sherman's men in 1865.







5 Comments:

Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Looks like you gals had a blast. Thanks for scouting out locations for us in a few weeks.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had so much fun catching up with you two at Wet Willie's Saturday. Hope you ahd fun in the S-A-V!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that one of the iron gate. the detail! the texture! the color!

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great architecture shots! And sounds like a lot of FUN!

5:12 PM  
Blogger junegirl16 said...

Love the photos!
(from one of the pink boa girls):)

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home