Friday, July 20, 2007

Live on the Early Show with Hootie & the Blowfish

The Early Show (CBS) aired live from Charleston this morning so we headed down to the battery bright and early to watch Harry, Dave, and musical guest Hootie and the Blowfish. I went with my photographer friend Lea, my florist friend Thuy, and Teresa - my aunt who is visiting from Tallahassee. Sorry...she doesn't have a website. ha!

I'm so glad I have fun friends who are not too cool to do such silly things!

We arrived really early (about 6:00 a.m.), and they guys from Hootie and the Blowfish were warming up.


The sunrise over the harbor was beautiful.


Harry Smith, anchor of The Early Show was happy to see us . . .



. . . and ran over for a quick group picture! lol



Then Dave Price saw us and waved hello.



He also asked for a group photo! hahaha I love the way he is looking over at his shoulder at Lea to see who was back there.



I think everyone in Charleston skipped work this morning watch. One lady even had a "Hey Boss - we'll be late!" sign.



At 7:00 the show began...



There were even boaters out in the harbour watching.


This picture is so funny. Lea yelled hello to Darius Rucker and he was giving the peace sign. But the look on his face at this moment is so funny. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't really a peace sign - but a secret symbol for the police to restrain us! ha



Dean Felber...



Mark Bryan...



Hootie and the Blowfish were awesome!



Fun times! Thanks for going Teresa, Lea, and Thuy!

8 Comments:

Blogger Shara Lana said...

Dang it! I should've went! Ya'll look like you had a blast!! Glad you all had a great time!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Lea Dales Photography said...

Thanks for the great idea Jill
TOTALLY worth waking up way to early for!! I will miss you so much
I need my girl friends
I know you checked out mine but leave a silly comment anyway!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill- Very cool...next time, I'll get up too! Ya, right! :)

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Hootie! I'm so jealous you got to see them up close like that!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Fun!!

7:14 PM  
Blogger william's girl said...

woman! i'm jealous. awesome pics, and way to get that national tv exposure, huh?? as for the sign, you should have written "www.jillhiggins.com" on one side, and "www.beaconcommunications.net" on the other! ha

11:13 PM  
Blogger Amy Martin said...

haha! how fun are these!?

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Hootie and the Blowfish... Brings me back to my highschool days...
Fun Times...

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home