Sunday, October 29, 2006

--- President George W. Bush ---

Today was an exciting day because President Bush visited Charleston Air Force Base! I think I must have taken a million photos. Click here to see the webshow with more photos.

While we were waiting for Air Force One to arrive, my friend Tammy and my friend Jamie's husband (Col. Fields) were able to chat with Governor Mark Sanford. Although slightly envious, :) I was snapping photos for them from afar.

Ahhhh....after hours of energized waiting, we were thrilled to see the President's plane finally arrive.

I think this guy needs a hug! :) ha It's always fun to watch the secret service men (and women too!) In the background, you can see everyone approaching.

President Bush, Congressman Brown, Governor Sanford, and Colonel Joerger arrive and greet the crowd.

President George W. Bush...

I think the President is checking out the crazy girl with the sign taking a million photos. Yes, that would be me.

This is just after the President shook my hand and autographed my sign. I was soooo excited!

My husband (Brian) and my friend Bonnie and I pose with my autographed sign.

Oh...and I just found this one online. It was taken by Mic Smith, who just happens to be my fav Post & Courier photographer. This is me trying to take pictures AND hold my sign. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I meet him in Feb of this year. Very nice guy!!
Your pictures are so beautiful, you are really showing your talent.
Your true fan,
Amy B

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill! Oh my gosh!! What a chance of a lifetime. I'm a Dubya fan as well. I love the pic of you with the sign taking pictures. Too funny :)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Very cool! That SS guy does need a big ole' hug.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Jill! How cool is that? I love W too! Congratulations on an experience of a lifetime!

Carole

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secret service agents need more than a hug. I crossed the tape to get into the press pit on an assignment ages ago shooting Paul Tsongas. I ended up in the air between two huge guys frantically waving my credentials...

Nice stuff++

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you that this post lifted my spirits. I am so sick of all the President bashing. I was beginning to feel like I was the only one who loves him. Thanks! The pics make me feel like I was front row.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to tell you that this post lifted my spirits. I am so sick of all the President bashing. I was beginning to feel like I was the only one who loves him. Thanks! The pics make me feel like I was front row.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home