Sunday, October 15, 2006

~~~ Daufuskie Island Wedding ~~~

Jennifer and Jason decided to have an intimate wedding at Daufuskie Island, and I was so happy to travel there for the first time for their wedding. I can't wait to go back sometime for a golf weekend - three finishing holes on the ocean! After checking out their photos below, be sure to watch their slideshow.

Before we met, Jennifer told me she was not photogenic and hated having her picture taken. But for the record...Oh my gosh! She was a natural in front of the camera - and so gorgeous! :)

And Jason was great too! Of course, his eyes lit up a little when I said, "Why don't you play pool and I'll get some pics." And then we decided to line up three balls to show their wedding date.

As Jennifer and Jason were walking over to the greens for some photos, I saw the sun coming through the trees and snapped a quick shot in hopes of getting some cool flare spots. I never would have predicted that a flare would encircle them in such a cool way. And a rainbow to the left to make it even more cool. In fact, rainbows and butterflies were everywhere that day - that has to be a good luck sign!

Ahhh....newlyweds relaxing and having some quiet time by the ocean. Actually, I think they were being attacked by sand flies - but that doesn't sound as romantic. :)




A little fun with croquet on the lawn before heading inside...

I was going for drama in the pic with direct lighting.

12 Comments:

Blogger 6 of Four Creations said...

Beautiful! It looks like a place I would have enjoyed....I need a vacation! :) Great work!!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

:) Thank you so much!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

:) Thank you so much!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Great job Jill, beautiful place to shoot it looks like! Love the one of them on the couch, the bridals against the wall, and the wedding date on the pool table (great idea)!!!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pool playing shot!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are great shots! Beautiful place. Love the pool shot.++

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outstanding images, Jill. The shot od the b&g in the distance with the one palm tree ... magnificent! ++

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shot with the couple and the one tree? OH, my! It totally does it for me!

++

9:22 AM  
Blogger Yunna said...

The pool shot is awesome!! Nice color and post processing.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Mel O Photos said...

Wow your images are beautiful, I can't pick a favorite.

:-)++

Melissa O

4:53 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

I love all of the shots of them playing games! what fun! Way to capture them being themselves!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolute love the flare shot! You have to love when you get something so increcible like!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home