Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Photographers on the Run!

I finally got an ipod about a month ago after I lost my Creative mp3 player. Yesterday I went out and bought some Nike+ shoes and the sport kit. Now - I'm ready for a challenge. In case you don't know how it works...



Runners can place a small sensor under their shoe insole and connect a receiver to their iPod nano to track statistics during and after their workout. Your workout progress and statistics such as pace, total time, and total distance are updated on-screen and with audio cues through your headphones. When you return to your desktop, sync your iPod nano and upload to Nike to track your progress over time and compare with friends.

The experience begins during your workout, but doesn't end there. You can connect to the Nike+ website and track your running statistics and improvement over time, tracking your individual goals along the way. You can share your training information with others, and setup virtual races with friends to compare your times over the same course.
I did my first run this morning to try it out - I can't believe how accurate it is. Anyway...I logged into Nike.com and set up a challenge. I set up a challenge to run 50 miles and would love to have some company.
If people sign up - this first challenge could be a trial run. After this challenge we could come up with fun things to do and maybe even a prize for the winner.
If you are interested - let me know and I will add your name to the challenge. You don't have to be a photographer - you can be a photographer's friend! :) Let me know if you have any questions about what you need to get started. You can also click on the button below to sign up!



12 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

We are freaking laughing our heads off! Too cool!!!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Hey - you and Catherine need to go get some shoes - quit laughing! :) lol

8:40 AM  
Blogger Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Oooooh you are kind of inspiring me to get that! I've started running lately... ok back up... I've started walking with short little sprints every now and then... but it would be fun to be competitive with others. Where did you get the special Nike shoe? Any sports shoe place? I still need to get an iPod. I'm like the last person in the world to get an iPod.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Neal said...

If I had an iPod I would be in on this! I take the stairs and walk during lunch every day. Does walking around the office count for anything? ++

10:15 AM  
Blogger Soul Sisters said...

You know you want one Scarlett!

Neal - you are too funny!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jen Fluharty said...

I have an ipod.
I have shoes.
I have a deep hatred for running.
lol

But this does look really neat!

Keep us posted on your progress!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just about the coolest thing ever! I don't have an ipod nano though -- I got the video one so I can watch 24 on the train to NY every day!

9:14 AM  
Blogger kaitlin said...

Awww, I can't leave my creative player! And I don't like running that much. Buuuut, my husband and I are trying to get in better shape, so we've been doing the gym thing 3-4x a week, including the treadmill....so maybe I can get in on it that way. He's hoping to run a 10k this fall, and I'm going to do a couple of 5ks, I think. Ugh, did I tell you I don't like running most of the time? So much more fun with someone else....

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! I'm dying to be in this challenge. I'll have to join sometime in August as I'm gone for three weeks starting July 19th. I ordered Nike shoes on Ebay and have a nano and I'm all ready to go--just waiting for them.

I'm SO excited though!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Orange Cat Photo said...

This is such a great idea! But I am so lazy...I hate running and especially in 90 degree weather! But I am cheering for all the girls!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Y'all are so funny - you are cracking me up.

See ya in August Jaime!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

GO JILL GO!!!!!!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home