Friday, August 24, 2007

~~~ Scalloping in the The Deep Blue Sea ~~~

After church Sunday, we threw on our swimsuits and went to Dekle Beach to go scalloping for the day. I might add that this was my first scalloping adventure.

It was a beautiful day to be outdoors.


The water is not actually deep as I suggested in the title...I just thought it sounded better. ha :)

As you can see, the water is shallow and crystal clear. But...as you can also see, the bottom is quite grassy. I don't know about you - but I am not too crazy about walking around in deep, underwater grass where I don't know what is lurking below. After choking on about a gallon of salt water while stuggling to stay afloat while putting on my mask and snorkle, I decided it might be in my best interest to toughen up and get over not wanting to stand! :)


Brian was the first to dive in to go search for scallops.


This is my mama driving the boat. Divers beware! :)


This is me all water logged after a few hours of snorkeling...


He may kill me for this, but this picture is sooo funny. This is Randy coming up from snorkeling.


...and the fresh scallops...


If you are interested in knowing more, I cound this blog that tells a little more about scalloping.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like soooooo much fun!!!!! I love the snorkeling pic!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Looks like great fun!! Reminds me of my days crabbing in the grass flats! Just remember to wear old tennis shoes walking through that grass!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

I know the ones before me said this but I have to anyway, LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! And what a gorgeous Day!!!!!

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home