Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Andrea & Matt's Wedding at the Mills House

Matt and Andrea traveled from New York to Charleston for their destination wedding. The ceremony and reception were held at the beautiful Mills House downtown.

After checking out the photos below - be sure to watch their slideshow.



Andrea called her grandfather in Ireland before the ceremony since he was unable to make it. They had guests from all over the world - it was a diverse and fun crowd!


I love it when the bride and groom are willing to see each other before the ceremony. It is very sweet and so much more relaxing! We always take the bride and groom somewhere away from the guests so they can enjoy some time alone together before the busy day begins.

We had Matt wait in the garden for Andrea. This photo was taken just as Matt turned around to check out his bride to be. I loved the expression on his face - he obviously thought Andrea looked amazing (and she did!)


Although it looks like I am up close, I use my long lens and stand far back out of their way. I love these real, unscripted moments...






Once Matt and Andrea had spent some time together, we walked around the park and took a few more photos.


And then it was time for the action to begin. The well dressed guests began arriving at the Mills House...


The ceremony was on the roof top and you can see lots of sweet moments when you watch the slideshow. The roof top is in between two hotels, and it was fun to see hotel guests watching the ceremony from their windows.


The reception was in the recently renovated ballroom. Everything looked magnificent.


Matt's best man (and brother) gave a great speech. I think Matt was sweating bullets wondering what he would say!


You gotta love this shot...


Matt and Andrea were having so much fun and stayed on the dance floor!


I couldn't resist a quick phone booth shot.


And a big thank you to my friend Sha. She is just getting started in photography and was sweet enough to spend the day with us assisting and second shooting. She did an amazing job and captured some special moments that I know Andrea and Matt will treasure!

You can see Andrea & Matt's slideshow here. So what do you think of the shots of them seeing each other before the wedding? Leave me a comment. Bonus: You can win a $15 gift certificate to use for a print purchase from the wedding. When you leave your comment, just tell me where Andrea & Matt were working when they met. :) Good luck!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shot with the hotel guest looking out the window. The slide show is fun and tells such a beautiful story! I love the part where the b&g meet before the ceremony in the garden! So much emotion in that sequence! Great job, Jill!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Shara Lana said...

Jill ~ AWESOME!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!! ~ SHA=D

12:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa Rich said...

Love the phone booth shot!!! (those are always my favs...:) ++

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some gorgeous shots here. I was at the wedding and had a ball. I'm a keen amateur and your approach is one of the best i have seen in a long time.

Oh by the way they met whilst at the Weather Channel, hopefully nothing stormy on their horizon..

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home